Reinsurance broker Guy Carpenter has announced a number of international leadership appointments in light of Marsh & McLennan Companies’ acquisition of JLT.
The appointments are effective immediately and the reinsurance broker says that they reflect its efforts to align the firm’s structure, and integrate the capabilities of JLT Re, ultimately creating an enhanced leadership team.
In the London North America segment, Kevin Fisher has been named Chairman, in addition to his previously announced role as Chairman of UK and Global Specialties, reporting to Peter Hearn, President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Guy Carpenter.
Within Global Capital Solutions, Vicky Carter has been appointed Chairman of Global Capital Solutions, International, reporting to Hearn.
Bradley Maltese has been appointed Vice Chairman of Global Specialties, while James Boyce will continue in his role as CEO of the division. Within Global Specialties, each segment will have a leader that will report to Boyce, as well as a senior leadership team.
- Marine & Energy will continue to be led by Jim Summers.
- The senior leadership team will be comprised of: Graham Devlin, Nick Jay and Martin Stephenson
- Aviation & Aerospace will continue to be led by Ian Wrigglesworth.
- The senior leadership will be comprised of: Graham Barden, Paul Smith, Barry Stiff and Martin Stoney
- Non-Marine Specialties will continue to be led by Richard Morgan.
- The senior leadership team will be comprised of: Bill Bennett, Richard Carver, Paul Esterbrook, Stephen Firmin, Roland Morse, Simon Sharpe and Dean Smith
- Trade Credit & Political Risk will be co-led by David Edwards and Ashley De Laroque.
- David Edwards will focus on the production and servicing of international clients working closely with the wider International platform.
- Ashley De Laroque will focus on the production and servicing of London market clients.
James Nash is to continue to serve as CEO of International, reporting to Hearn. With the following business leaders reporting to Nash:
- Carolyn Morley and Ian Kerton will co-lead a newly combined unit which will bring together the capabilities of the Global Casualty and UK Property & Casualty teams. This market leading unit will allow us to deliver the best of Guy Carpenter to our clients.
- Carolyn Morley will lead the Global Casualty business, continuing to advise global clients and driving production around the world.
- Ian Kerton will lead the drive for growth in the London market, and maintain responsibility for South Africa.
- Jonathan Fahie has been appointed Chief Operating Officer for this unit
- Charles Whitmore will continue in his role as Head of the Placement Solutions Group.
- Shaun Scade will continue in his role as Head of Accident & Health.
- Massimo Reina will continue in his role as CEO of Continental Europe & Middle East.
- Tony Gallagher will continue in his role as CEO of Asia Pacific and Jeremy Fox has moved into his previously announced role as Chairman of Asia Pacific.
The reinsurance broker has also revealed that CEO of Latin America & Caribbean, Aidan Pope, plans to retire from the firm.
Furthermore, after over 40 years of leadership in the reinsurance business, Ross Howard, Vice Chairman of Guy Carpenter, plans to retire later in 2019.
“Our focus throughout the integration is building a structure that allows our firm and our colleagues to deliver the full value of the combined organization to clients. We are confident that we have the right structure, leaders and teams in place to deliver on Guy Carpenter’s commitment to its clients: to identify opportunity in risk that will drive profitable growth.
“I would like to thank Ross Howard for his partnership during the integration process, his advocacy for colleagues and clients across the organization and his contribution to the reinsurance industry over the past 42 years,” said Hearn.