Reinsurance News

Peak Re takes minority investment from Prudential Financial

13th February 2018 - Author: Steve Evans

Hong Kong based reinsurer Peak Reinsurance Company Limited (Peak Re) said this morning that it has taken a minority investment from a subsidiary of U.S.-headquartered Prudential Financial, Inc.

Peak Re logoThe transaction has been achieved through the issuance of new shares in Peak Re, with Prudential Financial taking 13.1% of the reinsurer as a result of the investment and owner Fosun retaining the remaining 86.9%.

The deal also saw Peak Re Holdings shares that were held by International Finance Corporation (IFC), part of the World Bank Group, sold to Fosun prior to the sale of the shares to Prudential Financial.

Peak Re said that is, “In view of IFC’s continuing focus on emerging markets and Peak Re’s emergence as a globally diversified reinsurer with strong positions in developed markets including the Americas and Europe.”

Franz-Josef Hahn, Chief Executive Officer of Peak Re, commented on the news, “We want to thank Fosun and International Finance Corporation for supporting this successful venture and are pleased to welcome PFI as a new investor as we continue to build Peak Re into a leading global reinsurer.”

Peak Re said that as a rapidly growing international reinsurer the company expects to benefit from this investment to support its continued growth.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Recent Reinsurance News

Getting your daily reinsurance news from Reinsurance News is a simple way to receive only the reinsurance industry news that matters, delivered directly to your email inbox.

  • Only email is mandatory, but the more you tell us about yourself the better we can serve you in future!
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

By submitting the form you are giving your consent to be emailed by us.

Read previous post:
Sirius International Insurance enters $300 million credit facility

Sirius International Insurance Group has announced that it's entered into a three-year, $300 million senior unsecured revolving credit facility through...